Summary/Objective: To transport and deliver petroleum products to customers by applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.The following are essential functions of the job:
· Drives tank truck to deliver gasoline and fuel oil to customers.
· Reads gauges or meters and records quantity loaded.
· Records amount delivered and issues ticket to customer.
· Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip or tour of duty.
· Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather and in or out of tight areas.
· Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s record of duty status, mileage records, and other records required by law.
· Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
· Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment.
· Report highway safety hazards noted while in route.
· Promptly report any delays due to break downs, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or delivery.
· Perform required before-, during- and after-operation “user maintenance” and provide required reports.
· Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
· Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.